Tuesday 3 April 2012

Healthy General Tso's Chicken

We love North American-ised Chinese food.  You know the kind you get at the mall that has enough grease in it to shine your floors? Yea...that kind, we love it and it loves our behinds.

The Mister and I are trying to become healthier (you are what you eat, and no one wants to be deep fried chicken nuggets), so I found a recipe that let's us eat General Tso's Chicken for significantly less calories!

Check it out here from Fave Healthy Diets, posted by Anne Colagioia.  It is truly amazing...I've made it twice since I've been home!  The Mister cannot get enough of it!



A couple little helpful hints:

The recipe calls for Duck Sauce, this is just a different name for Plum Sauce. :)
I've doubled the sauce, because we like it saucy  and it wasn't an issue at all. It doubles beautifully.
When dredging the chicken in the eggs and then Bisquick, keep one hand for the wet and one hand for the dry.
It says it takes 10 minutes prep and it might if I was a robot, but it takes me a little bit longer.
I throw in the broccoli (which I always add more than the recipe calls for because we love it so) in the sauce right before serving instead of serving it on top.


Let me know if you try it and how you like it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment