Sunday 8 April 2012

Crock Pot Carrot Cake

So for Easter, I decided to try out one of my most re-pinned links on Pinterest: Crock Pot/Slow Cooker Desserts from Under the Table and Dreaming.  Check out the link here: Under The Table and Dreaming.  She has 40 different desserts listed and each looks more amazing than the next!

I know, I know, it sounds a little bit odd to make a dessert in a slow cooker, but it was so easy, especially considering everything else was in the oven.  It takes a little longer (2-3hrs) than in the oven, but frees up space when you're making a ham, rolls and au gratin (phewww)! 

I decided to try out the carrot cake for Easter.  Rabbits like carrots and carrots are a vegetable...so win-win all around, right? :)

Here is the direct link to the carrot cake: Cooking Cakes With Mr. Cake


I tweeked the recipe a little bit:
  • Added more cinnamon (about 2tsp) because the Mister and I like the spice!
  • Put about 1 1/2 cups of shredded carrots (about three decent sized carrots)
  • After putting the paper towels, as Mr. Cake said to do, I put the slow cooker lid on for 2 of the 3h 

So, even though I have a KitchenAid stand mixer (Christmas 2009), I also have a hand mixer (Christmas 2011)...uh...so many gadgets. But, I must admit, there are times when you don't want to pull out the KitchenAid and it is just so much easier to have a hand mixer...I love Kitchen Gadgets. LOVE THEM. You should see my kitchen...Anyway...

Mixing the wet ingredients and sugar (eggs, water, oil, sugar, vanilla)


Added in the dry ingredients (flour, baking soda/powder, salt and cinnamon) which I forgot to take a picture of, oops!!!

Then folded in the carrots.



Grease your crock pot with butter and poor in the mix. I know it doesn't look great now...but it does taste amazing once it's done!! You just have to wait for 2-3hrs. 


Ta-daaaaa! All finished with homemade whipped cream on top..so good.


Let me know if you try any crock pot desserts!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment